With advancing age, illness, or disability come many questions and concerns. We want our clients and their loved ones to be well informed and involved in their care, so we have provided a list of resources that we hope will assist you in your home care research. Please click on the links below to visit the following pages.
- Healthcare Education
- Home Care Education
- Disease Management
- Resource Links
- Community Connections
*Available through Northridge Hospital Medical Center. Please call to register for each support group before initial participation. Attendance is FREE.
- Bereavement Support Group
An ongoing support group for thise who have experienced the loss of a loved one. Tuesdays, 6:00pm-7:30pm.. Call 818.885.8500 ext. 4560
- The Healing Journey
An eight week workshop dealing with grief and loss.
Select Wednesdays, 2:30pm-4pm.
Call 818.885.8500 ext. 4560
- Brain Injury Support Groupo for Survivors and Caregivers
Meets once a week on Tuesdays, 7pm-8:30pm or Wednesdays, 3pm-4:30pm.
Call 818.885.8500 ext 3797
- Brain Tumor Support Group
Provides encouragement and education to patients with all types of brain tumors: malignant, benign or metastatic.
Second Wednesday of each month, 12:30pm-2pm.
Call 818.885.8500 ext. 5668
- Breast Cancer Support Group
Second and fourth Tuesday of each month, 7pm-8:30pm
Call 818.885.8500 ext 2855
- Breastfeeding Support Group
Offered in English and Spanish. Provides support and encouragement to breastfeeding women to reduce and prevent problems that can undermine successful breastfeeding.
Call 818.885.8500 ext 2289
- Chronic Pain Support Group
Second and forth Tuesday of each month, 11am-12:30pm.
Call 818.885.8500, ext 3680
- Dementia Caregivers Support Group
First and third Wednesday of each month, 6:45pm
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance Group
Provides hope, help and support to improve the lives of people living with depression and/or bipolar disorder. A concurrent group is available for family and friends as well.
Wednesdays, 7pm-9pm and Fridays, 7pm – 9pm
- Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Support Group
Second Monday of each month, 6:30pm-8:30pm.
- Huntington’s Disease and Support Group (In partnership with Huntington’s Society of America, Los Angeles and the Los Angeles Caregivers Resource Center)
Third Sunday of each month, 6pm-8pm
- Liver Disease Support Group
Two Wednesdays per month, 6:30pm-8pm.
Call the American Liver Foundation at 310.670.4624.
- Mental Health Support Group (In partnership with the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) for family members of those with mental illness)
First and third Thursday of each month, 7pm-9pm.
- Parkinson’s Support Group
Offers various topics and monthly support group.
Third Monday of each month 3:30pm-5:30pm.
- Sleep Apnea Support Group
Learn to increase your comfort, how to reduce the need for treatment and about treatment options.
First Wednesday. every other month, 6pm-7pm.
Call 818.885.8500 ext 5344
- Spinal Cord Injury Support Group
For spinal cord injury patients and their families.
Call 818.885.8500 ext. 3656
- Stroke Support Group for Survivors & Caregivers
Call 818.885.8500 ext 4685
- Trigeminal Neuralgia Support Group (in partnership with the Trigeminal Neuralgia Association)
For Trigeminal Neuralgia and related facial pain sufferers to obtain information, encouragement and treatment explanations.
Fourth Wednesday of each month, 1pm-2:30pm. (No meetings in November or December)
Call 818.885.8500 ext 5432.
- Weight Loss Surgery Support Group
All patients and prospective patients are welcome to join. Learn about follow-up care and help us plan future events. Sessions are focused on group discussion.
Second Thursday of each month, 7pm-8pm.
Call toll free 877.448.4448.
- WYNGS Support Group
For those living with spinal cord injuries.
Second Wednesday of every other month, 4pm.
Call WYNGS at 818.885.8500 ext. 3610