Caregiving with the new rules and regulations may have you confused about how to proceed ahead with a job you love. We’re here to help you understand and, hopefully bring you on board with us… one of the best in-home care organizations in California.
California Caregivers & The Laws from 2016
You may have heard that California recently made some changes to caregiver laws for the state. Here’s a quick synopsis on what you need to know about becoming caregiver or health care aide:
- State or local licensing law requirements are now in place
- Rules, criteria and standards are set by each company; to be accepted by the state itself
- Each caregiver/HCA must register as an aide
- As of 2016 Home Care Organizations must be licensed
- Licensing includes a public online registry for the caregivers/Home Care Aides that work for them
- Each caregiver/HCA must complete and pass a background check
- Caregivers/HCA’s will have an ID associated with and must offer this ID while caring for anyone in the state of CA – This will be held in the Health Care Registrary
Currently implementation of this law is underway in the newly formed Home Care Services Bureau, which will oversee the licensing and oversight of the Home Care Organizations, the application process for the Home Care Aides, and the maintenance of the Registry. The Caregiver Background Check Bureau will oversee the criminal background checks.
Accredited Home Care and Our Caregivers
Accredited Home Care has held high standards for their caregivers and will continue to encourage only the best of the best to work for us. We offer a number of excellent perks that will make you want to be a part of this elite team of caregivers. While these changes may sound frightening and confusing to the caregivers of California; Accredited will continue to ensure that each and every one of our HCA’s are not only walked through the process step by step, in order to ensure that each worker meets all requirements.
- We Will Help Caregivers – Our caregivers and home care aides are the basis of our program. We want to be sure that you are helped, ever step of the way, with taking the steps needed to feel comfortable and well within the guidelines.
- Training – Accredited always has provided regular training and continued training for our employees. Making sure you are always up to date in the newest ideas and reminded of the rules that apply to our company.
- Protecting Caregivers and Clients – We have always made sure that both our caregivers and our clients are visited regularly by their superiors to ensure actions are being taken to provide the best services possible. There’s a booklet of directives (available here) for clients and caregivers to view so that they can always refer back to the written word.
- Home Care Organizations – Accredited is considered a “full-service” home care organization. The new laws create the ability to view all home care organizations at a glance and view the information provided about them. Remember an HCO (such as us) is now required to apply for and abide by rules and regulations overseen by the CDSS.
- Paying a Fee – Caregivers will be required to pay a $25 fee (currently) in order to be registered as a caregiver or home care aide with our company. Once you have paid this registration you will be added to a legal listing of caregivers and will be able to work for most any of the registered HCO’s (Home Care Organizations).
You can join the best of the best, here at Accredited, once you fully understand and comply with these new HCA rule and regulations. We’re sure you’ll feel less stressed once you understand the facts about Caregiving with the new rules and regulations in California and we’re here to help.
Photo by British Red Cross.