There is nothing quite like summer in southern California – the weather, the beaches, and the festivals! It’s summer festival time in San Diego; consult a calendar of upcoming events to make sure that you experience the best of what this city-by-the-sea has to offer, during this favorite time of year!
Make a point to check out these San Diego festivals and events:
- Annual A Lifetime of Healthy Living Health Fair. Get your health on at this popular event. Appropriate for the whole family from seniors to kids, learn how to live a healthy lifestyle. Refreshments, prizes, seminars, and giveaways are just part of the fun.
- Festival Of Yoga. Yoga has tremendous benefits. Whether you’re just starting out, an accomplished yogi or just interesting in all the hub-bub, this festival is for you. Explore the vendor booths, try out a yoga class, or just mingle with the crowd.
- Annual San Diego Paella Wine & Beer Festival. Experience all things Spain in this annual festival that celebrates the dish of Paella. Sample from over 130 different paellas, tapas, beer, wine, and sangria. Featuring international chefs, this is a fabulous way to get out and enjoy a different culture.
- Heiva San Diego. Head down to the San Diego Broadway Pier for an exciting Tahitian adventure. A showcase of Tahitian culture from all five archipelagoes of French Polynesia. Dancers from Japan, Mexico, the South Pacific and the US will delight you with their performances. Tiki carving, singing, ukulele, exotic costumes, arts and crafts, and, of course, Polynesian food, all await your pleasure on the waterfront of San Diego.
- Spirits Festival. Speaking of beer, how about a cocktail? The Spirits Festival in downtown San Diego on N. Harbor Drive offers new and exciting mixology, drinks, and spirits. This annual festival may be the perfect way to say goodbye to summer with a toast, taking place on August 25th through the 26th at Port Pavilion Pier.
When traveling with children or pets, consult with the festival’s website to ensure you will be accommodated. While many of these events offer free-admission, it makes sense to plan and allow for parking fees during the busy, summer season.
Make the most of the San Diego summer by taking in some of the local cultural and civic events and festivals held here. Whether you are entering a chili cook-off or planning to imbibe in a few cocktails, take advantage of the local flair and beautiful weather by attending these unique and distinctive festivals this summer.