When the weather begins to warm, It’s summer festival time in the San Fernando Valley. Check out a regional calendar of upcoming events to pick and choose the must-see summer festivals that you don’t want to miss.
Check out these popular events this summer:
- IndyFest! For the best independent music in California, plan to be at IndyFest! On June 8th. The fun goes down at River Rock Lounge in Studio City, a short ride from downtown LA. The event opens on Friday and promises sounds that you have never heard before from up and coming musicians—as well as some surprise guests that you may recognize and love!
- Conejo Food and Wine Fest 2018. Looking for a bite of something different? Plan on attending the Conejo Food and Wine Fest 2018 for the authentic fare, spirits, and fun for the whole family. This kicks off on June 24th at 1:30 pm, and occurs on East Janss Road in 1000 Oaks, a short ride from the Valley.
- Surf Rodeo Surf and Music Festival. Pierpoint Beach in Ventura is the setting for the annual Surf Rodeo Surf and Music Festival in mid-July. This is an all-weekend event, with doors opening on Saturday, July 14th at 11 am, and wrapping up Sunday afternoon. The eclectic vendors, unique sounds, and laidback vibe are well-worth the hour-long ride up Highway 101 for the festival—plus it is the perfect way to soak up the gorgeous coastal views!
- Tequila and Taco Music Festival. Do you like tacos? What about tequila? Then the place for you to be is at the annual Tequila and Taco Music Festival in Ventura from August 21st through the 22nd. This event reveres local food, spirits, and music at Plaza Park, about an hour from the Valley. Doors open at 11:30 am for this low-cost, family-friendly event.
- California Vegetarian Food Festival 2018. You don’t have to eat plants to enjoy the California Vegetarian Food Festival 2018; this annual event garners vegans, vegetarians, and omnivores from across the state! Plan to be at Raleigh Studios in Hollywood for this unique and intriguing festival, running from Saturday, September 29 through Sunday the 30th, with doors opening at 10 am. What a perfect way to say ‘so long’ to summer!
Most festivals and events planned in the San Fernando Valley offer advance ticket sales, so check local calendars and resources to obtain yours. Don’t miss out!
This summer, plan on taking in some of the best festivals and events that San Fernando Valley has to offer. Make the most of the warm weather with these popular attractions and check out something new this summer!