How can Accredited Care help you embrace Healthy Weight Week? We’re hoping we can inspire you to make some changes to maintain a healthy weight so you can age while feeling your best!
Reach & Maintain Your Healthy Weight
Accredited Home Care offers a number of at home health care services that could help you obtain & maintain your healthy weight. It’s not uncommon for your weight to get out of control after dealing with a health issue that has changed your lifestyle. Let us help you gain back control of your life!
- Healthy Weight – Did you know that your “healthy weight” in your 30’s is not the same as it would be in your 60’s? It’s true! As we age, the typical guides used to determine our healthy weight are adjusted for age.
- Doctor Visits – Start your journey with a visit to your doctor. Talk to your PCP about his/her recommendations for how to reach and maintain your suggested weight.
- Therapies – Many times, especially if you are dealing with medical reasons for weight gain, your doctor will agree that you could benefit from different therapies. Physical therapy can help strengthen you safely with guidance. This can be safer than just jumping into an unguided exercise program at a local gym. Our in-home therapy services can also be less stressful in the privacy of your own home with one-on-one guidance.
- Proper Diet – There are a number of ways and a variety of diet styles that your physician may prefer you attempt. Our non-medical aides can offer assistance with shopping for the types of foods you need, helping you prepare recipes that you prefer and even help you focus on being one step ahead when it comes to having snacks and meals at the ready.
- Safe Movement – There are a number of health issues that can increase your risk for falling. Having an aide available to give you a sturdy arm and work with you as you slowly increase your activities can be extremely helpful.
5 Reasons Why Healthy Weight Makes Sense
Living life at a healthy weight is the best choice for everyone at every age. Making that decision can be life altering and the best part is that as you age, you will enter each new “era” feeling good about yourself.
- Decreased Risk of Health Issues & Disease – Obesity has been associated with increased risk for cancer, heart disease, diabetes and more. Even moderate weight loss can make a big difference in your health. The Washington University School of Medicine talks about how even moderate weight loss makes a big difference in heart health!
- Lifestyle Change & Not Temporary Fad – Diet fads will NOT create a healthy lifestyle. Instead, learn how to make changes one step at a time to create healthier eating habits and a healthier lifestyle. Doing this will tend to create healthier habits that will last you a lifetime.
- Being More Active Creates a Healthier Body – Getting more active, one step at a time, will help you discover feeling better and having a healthier body. Increasing activity levels a little at a time will create “good habits” when it comes to moving more. Increased activity will also help you age well while creating a healthier body that can recover better from age related medical problems.
- A Better You – Your overall sense of self worth, ability to do more, and create a better mental state of mind are all benefits of living a healthier lifestyle. Your overall goal is to feel good as you age; creating some serious successful aging in your future.
- Aging is Inevitable – As we have all noticed, aging is inevitable; however, HOW we age is up to us. Nobody says you have to be that stand-out 90 year old who’s winning weight lifting competitions (although if you WANT to be that person do it!). What you DO want to do is age on your own terms and creating healthier life techniques, better eating habits, and maintaining a healthier weight will all help you determine how well you age.
Make the decision to take control of your life, one step at a time. With minimal changes each day, each week, or even each month you can maintain a healthy weight and a healthier you.
Photo by x1klima