May is National Older American’s Month & this year’s theme is to Age Out Loud. Home care helping seniors Age Out Loud by utilizing health and fitness strategies is one way Accredited Home Care can help.
Helping Seniors Age Out Loud by Utilizing Health and Fitness Strategies
Supplementing in home care in Pasadena or throughout our service area with health & fitness strategies is an excellent way to promote successful aging. As the theme for celebrating Older American’s Month we’re going to help you embrace the meaning of aging out loud!
What Does It Mean to Age Out Loud?
- Giving Seniors a Voice – The most important part of aging out loud is giving seniors a voice to express themselves. This voice is meant to be heard and used to help create the best possible plan of action specifically for you to age successfully.
- Individuality – Rather than focusing on the common factors of aging the focus is on how YOU are aging as an individual. Promoting the idea of home care helping seniors age out loud by utilizing health and fitness strategies as individuals is important.
- Positive Approach to Aging – As a result of focusing on what makes each senior unique we can create a more positive approach to aging. Growing older doesn’t have to be a negative experience.
- Focus on Successful Aging – The term successful aging means growing older in spite of some of the negative parts of aging. Encompassing positive ways to live a fuller, healthier life is the main focus. This PBS story about successful aging sums it all up.
5 Ways Home Care is Helping Seniors Age Out Loud by Utilizing Health & Fitness Strategies
Rather than focusing on negative health issues often associated with aging we focus on enjoying life as we age. Home care helping seniors age out loud by utilizing health & fitness strategies encourages a positive lifestyle.
- Diet – In particular, diet is one of the easiest ways to promote healthy aging. Try new recipes & look forward to new food ideas. Healthier eating decreases your risk for diseases like type 2 diabetes and heart disease.
- Exercise – Simply increasing movement has extremely positive effects on your mind & body. For instance, getting outdoors helps battle depression. Moving with assistance safely helps to avoid falls. Moving more helps joint pain and fight muscle depletion.
- Sleep – Our article on “Healthy Sleep Habits for Seniors” explains how sleep is an important part of healthy aging. By promoting health and fitness strategies we can promote healthier & happier aging.
- Activities – One way of helping seniors age out loud is by having a caregiver helping to keep you active. These Activity Suggestions from the NOAM site can help.
- Entertainment – We can bring fun into your home. Art, music, puzzles and more can be a resource for entertainment. Promoting positive mindfulness can help decrease your risk for dementia and help with finding purpose for your day.
The Result of Home Care Helping Seniors Age out Loud by Utilizing Health & Fitness Strategies
Contact us to see how we can offer services that will help you find your voice to promote healthy aging. Home care helping seniors age out loud by utilizing health & fitness strategies is a no fuss way of finding quality in life as you age.