National Influenza Vaccination Week is a proactive reminder to the nation to get your flu shot before the holidays. Accredited Home Care wants you to know the facts and findings about the flu, so you can reduce your risk of getting sick this season.
National Influenza Vaccination Week – How We Can Help
Could having caregiving help you in your California area home help you avoid the flu? Click here to inquire about how Accredited Home Care could meet some of your needs for caregiving and in home health care.
How In Home Health Care Can Help
- Cleanliness – It is a known fact that the flu spreads via germs; which is why it is so important to keep the surfaces in your home clean. Hiring our caregivers who perform light housekeeping services can help you reduce infections.
- Getting to Your Doctor – Having a caregiver can help you get to your doctor’s appointments; including appointments to get your flu shot. Your personal caregiver will assist you into the office and get you back into the comfort of your home.
- Healthy Eating – Part of the benefits of in home care is that we can help you eat healthier. Our caregivers can cook meals or help cook meals so that you can focus on a healthy diet. Eating healthier helps promote a healthier immune system.
These are just a few of the ways that we can help you reduce the risk of getting the flu.
Symptoms of the Flu
It’s important to know what the real symptoms of the flu are so you can contact your doctor and answer the questions they need to know about before making an appointment if you are sick.
- Body Aches
- Non-productive Cough
WebMD helps you answer the question “Is it a cold or the flu?”
Do You Know the Flu?
How well do you know your flu facts? Take this interactive online quiz to determine if you are “flu smart.”
Be Prepared for Cold & Flu Season (Online Resources)
- Be Prepared – WebMd provides some information on how to be prepared for this cold & flu season.
- Preventative Measures – The CDC also helps with some daily preventative measures that you and your family can take to help reduce your risk of getting the flu.
- Super Senior Vaccine? – There has been a new type of vaccine introduced that is being suggested as a better option for seniors; almost a type of super vaccine for seniors. Discuss the Fluzone® High-Dose Flu Vaccine with your doctor and do your research to find out more about the vaccine that is targeted at those over the age of 65.
Final Synopsis About NIVW 2016
Accredited Home Care providers take pride in not only treating our customers exceptionally well, but in helping to enlighten our community about how to stay healthy. We’re hoping that you use this reminder about National Influenza Vaccination Week to get you and your loved ones out to get their annual flu vaccine.
Photo by Lotte Meijer