Offering Co-Employer & Bill Payer Models
What is Self-Determination?
- The Self-Determination services and supports are designed to assist the participant to achieve personally defined outcomes to promote participation in the community setting. This statewide program allows consumers and their families to have more control and flexibility over the services they need. Participants have a person-centered plan and an Individual Budget to purchase unique services from providers who do not need to be vendored by Regional Centers. Participants use a Financial Management Service Provider to comply with the person centered plan.
What does the Financial Management Service Provider do?
- A Financial Management Service Provider manages and directs funds contained in the Individual Budget. The Financial Management Service Provider includes bill paying services and activities that facilitate the hiring of support workers/vendors to comply with personnel regulations and payroll responsibilities.
What steps are taken in the FMS process?
- Parents/Guardians/Consumers identify support worker(s) and Independent vendors to provide services for their loved one.
- Accredited initiates the employment process
- Accredited FMS becomes the employer of record, after the applicant completes the hiring process, including criminal background, reference checks, CPR, and First Aid certification
- Together, we ensure that service schedules are within the budget limits(quarterly, monthly, weekly and/or daily)as authorized by the Regional Center. The family maintains autonomy for creating a schedule that works best for them and for their worker(s)
- We pay the worker weekly and handle all employer payroll responsibilities –calculating, withholding and filing applicable payroll taxes
- We bond and insure our workers with both liability and workers’compensation insurance
- We assist with managing and directing the employee’s responsibilities as indicated by the client’s family, Service Coordinator, and Individual Program Plan (IPP)
To choose Accredited FMS, call 800-974-1234 x114 or email firstname.lastname@example.org